< More Directories etc.
Kelly’s Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and the City of Bristol, 1863
WATERS UPTON, or Upton Parva, is a parish and village, 5 miles north from Wellington and Admaston station, and 7½ from Newport, in the Wellington division of South Bradford hundred, Wellington union and county court district, North Shropshire, rural deanery of Newport, Salop archdeaconry, and Lichfield bishopric; it is situated on the river Tern and the road from Wellington to Whitchurch and Market Drayton. The church of St. Michael is a plain old stone building, and has nave, chancel, and wooden turret with 2 bells. The living is a rectory, value £204 yearly, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor; the Rev. Richard Corfleld is the incumbent. The population in 1861 was 206; the acreage is 730. The Duke of Sutherland is lord of the manor.
Halke Rev. John Thomas, LL.B.[curate]
Morgan John, esq
Taylor John, esq
Bennett Thomas, boot & shoe maker
Fletcher Thomas, carpenter
Groucock Elizabeth (Mrs.), farmer
James John, maltster & farmer
Jones George, tailor
Kilvert Richard, farm bailiff to Mr. John Rider
Martin Mary (Mrs.), Swan inn
Matthews William (Mrs.), farmer
Morgan John, surgeon
Morgan William, farmer
Owen John, beer retailer
Ridgway James, blacksmith
Titley Thomas, butcher
Tudor Samuel, bricklayer
Walker Mrs. day school
From page 767 of the directory. Transcribed from a copy viewed online at Google Books.